Although I have literally thousands of hardcover books at home (books do furnish a room – the quote is correct) – I MUCH prefer reading on my Kindle Paperwhite.
My reasons are thus:
1. I can read outdoors and in bright sunlight without the pages ruffling in the wind.
2. I can read in bed in the middle of the night without disturbing my husband with the light or the rustling of pages. (he is a very light sleeper)
3. I can carry all of my TBR in one light little Kindle so I am NEVER without a book.
4. I can adjust the font size, keening, page color, etc. to suit the book and my aging eyes.
5. I can see how much reading time I have left in my book. This is important to me so that I can judge when I will have reviews written.
6. I can highlight as much as I want without defacing the book or taking the time to write copious notes.
7. I review books for both NetGalley and Edelweiss and it is SO much easier to download them when you have a Kindle. I just choose the option “Send to Kindle” and HEY PRESTO !!! the title is on my device!
I will always live with hardcover books. For me they both charm and comfort. They are my friends. I have been known to purchase a book I particularly loved AFTER reading it on my Kindle. Just so I can gaze at it with fond memories…
Yes, I acknowledge that I am addicted to books.
But for reading them… it is Kindle ALL the way.