Everyone I know is experiencing some holiday stress. With the big day only just over two weeks away, there is just SO much to do over a short time. Even though I’m retired, I still feel it a little bit. I have a Christmas stress dream every year around this time. I dream that it is Christmas Eve and that I don’t have my tree up, don’t have the turkey thawed…. you get the picture.
Every year around this time I pull out my copy of “A Cup of Christmas Tea” by Tom Hegg. It never fails to delight – and get me in the Christmas spirit.
If you want to read this lovely prose poem click here to read my post from last year.
and I saw this on Pinterest and thought perhaps that Christmas is the perfect time to reflect upon these:
- Once, during a very dry season, all the villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one small boy came with an umbrella. That is faith.
2. When you throw babies up in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That is trust.
3. Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but still we set our alarm to wake up the next morning. That is hope.
4. We plan things for tomorrow despite having zero knowledge of what the future will bring. That is confidence.
5. We see the world suffering… but still we get married, have children… That is love.
6. On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence: “I am not 80 years old, I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience”. That is attitude.