My Tuesday post where I’ll ‘tease‘ you with the cover, blurb, and first paragraph of one of the advanced reader’s copies from my own TBR.
This book is a title I downloaded from Edelweiss.
Today, Tuesday June 28, 2022 I want to introduce one of the ARCs on my TBR.
This novel will be published on September 6, 2022
Publisher: Gallery Books / Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 9781982171605 – 384 pages
The publisher’s tagline:
For fans of Where the Crawdads Sing, this “marvelous debut” (Alice McDermott, National Book Award–winning author of The Ninth Hour) follows a Washington, DC, artist as she faces her past and the secrets held in the waters of Florida’s lush swamps and wetlands.
1) Family secrets and family drama always spark my interest.
2) The setting. The Florida marshes.
3) The publisher’s tagline says this is for fans of “Where The Crawdads Sing” – a book I adored.
4) The first paragraph speaks to regrets. I think we all have them even if we don’t admit it. They say hindsight is 20/20.
5) This is a debut novel. I’m always eager to try new authors.
“If I were a different person, I could move forward and never look back, never try to fathom the forces that shaped me for the worse. But there are times when a fog rolls in, slow as dusk, beginning with a nodule of regret. I should have, why didn’t I, if only. I replay the day my father left us for good, the sun showing orange through the live oak, him pacing at the bottom of the porch steps, twelve-year-old me looking down with my baby brother, Philip, on one hip. I winced as I gently extracted a strand of my dark brown hair from his doughy little grasp.”
Is this a title that you would consider adding to your TBR pile?
Why, or why not?
Let me know in the comments.